Amidst the chaos of the outside world, it is more important than ever to find your inner peace. To connect with yourself, your higher self. That part of you that trusts that this too shall pass, and knows that in healing ourselves, we are healing our planet.
As we finally stop to listen, to feel deeply, we are being forced to confront our fears. Our individual wounds and imbalances are being highlighted. It is our responsibility to notice what these are for us – acknowledging that everyone’s will be different – and then to address them. This is where our power lies, and where we can have the most significant impact on universal consciousness.
What feelings and trapped emotions are surfacing for you? Can you finally let yourself process, rather than suppress them?
“Feelings are a message for us to listen to and respond to, and when they are allowed to exist and be heard and understood, they create change for the better, keeping us on the path to fulfillment and joy. Judging them as good or bad prevents them from being able to do their job”
Catherine Neal, Healthy Matrix.
As someone who perfected the art of suppressing my feelings, I can see now how important my yoga practice is for providing with the space and means to let emotions flow. This last couple of weeks I have spent a lot of time on the mat, at the beginning I was moving slowly, needing to find comfort, feel supported. Then I discovered more energy, able to face my fears, try new poses, in doing so am getting to know my body, and myself, better. I feel more balanced, more open, much stronger – and most of the time, peaceful.
Whether you’re discovering yoga for the first time, or delving deeper into your advanced practice. Here are some of the online teachers, live classes and yoga websites that are currently available to guide, support and enable you to adapt to this ‘on retreat at home’ kind of lifestyle. Enjoy. Share.
- Yoga With Adriene. Free online You Tube videos. For April 2020, Adriene is offering a 30-day program, with a new class each day. The theme is NURTURE, in her words, let’s; “nurture ourselves so we can better serve the world around us. Includes some gentle and restorative practices, and some fiery and strengthening practice”. Class length usually 20-30 mins. Longer ones also available. Suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced.
- Mellulah Yoga Now offering Live classes via Zoom. Saira Francis is a UK-based teacher. Having attended several of her classes and transformative retreats in Dorset, am delighted to be able to join her classes from my sunny roof terrace in Morocco! Saira’s style this last week has been gentle, grounding and supportive. Focusing on balancing the base chakra. She adapts her classes to the energy of the group. It’s like joining a friendly, rural community class. Class length 75 mins. Suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced.
- Yoga Girl® Instagram celebrity Rachel Brathen has launched a free 30-day Yoga Girl® community challenge for self-care and peace of mind. 30 days, 30 themes, and 30 free yoga classes. It’s a talented team and exciting hub for all things healing, yoga, meditation and astrology.
- Glo.com Great site if you already have a yoga practice and now have the time to explore new styles, practice some of the more challenging poses – in private, or learn a new teaching style. Unlimited yoga and meditation classes, programs and even courses (extra cost) for any teachers looking to expand their teaching repertoire. Free trial for 15 days, then paid monthly. I’ve been really enjoying the Yoga Nidra guided meditations, which are helping to induce a deep and peaceful sleep.
- Deepak Chopra & Oprah Winfrey. Free 21-day meditation series. Theme is Finding Hope in Uncertain Times. Harness strength. Find peace. Create connection. 15-20 mins audio meditations. Beautiful and simple way to stay calm and connected.
From my home to your heart. So much love.